|Welcome to Year 3
Teacher: Miss Addison
Teaching Assistants: Mrs Layton
Autumn First Half Term Objectives
Year: 3 Date: September 2021
This is intended for parents and pupils to share the learning objectives for the term. It also provides targets for the term ahead.
- Read and write numbers as digits and words.
- To identify and make a number up to 100.
- To identify 100’s, 10’s & 1’s and know their value.
- To compare two numbers indicating greater than – less than.
- To order numbers from smallest to biggest or biggest to smallest.
- To add and subtract 1’s, 10’s & 100’s – 3 digits & 1 digit, 3 digits & 2-digit crossing 10.
- To count in 50’s.
- To use knowledge to solve word problems
|My Maths target is:
To know 2, 5, and 10 times table.
Our book this half term in The Tunnel written by Anthony Browne
In our English lessons, we are going to be:
- Reading and discussing the text as a whole class and in groups.
- Identifying and discussing unfamiliar language within the text
- To develop our sentence structure by including conjunctions and adverbs that express time, place and cause.
- Continue to use expanded noun phrases in our writing to add more description.
- Use basic punctuation correctly and consistently.
- To begin using inverted commas to punctuate direct speech.
- To begin using headings and sub-headings in non-fiction writing.
My English target is:
I can compose and rehearse sentences orally before writing.
I can draw inference to infer characters thoughts, feelings and motives from their actions and justify using evidence from the text.
To form all letters correctly and continue developing joined handwriting.
|Other useful information for this term:
- Remember your reading book and planner every day.
- Please write in your child’s planner whenever you hear them read, this does not have to be their school reading book, it can be a library book, a book your child enjoys reading, etc. Remember there are example questions to ask them about their book in the planner.
- English Homework is set on a Tuesday and due in Friday. Maths homework is set on Friday and due in on a Tuesday.
- Spellings are given out on Fridays for a test the following Thursday.
- P.E is on Tuesdays; remember to come to school dressed in your P.E. kit. Please tie up long hair and take out earrings.
Please remember to bring a drink everyday- either water or squash.
| Discovery Quest Topic
What difference have the Anglo-Saxons made to the UK today?
During the topic we will be answering these questions-
- Why did the Anglo-Saxons invade the UK?
- Where did the Anglo-Saxons come from?
- What kingdoms did the Anglo-Saxons create?
- Who were the Anglo-Saxons?
- When did the Anglo-Saxons invade Britain?
- What are the main events in the Anglo-Saxon period?
- Who was King Offa and why was he one of the most famous Anglo-Saxon kings?
- How did the Anglo-Saxons influence our writing today?
- What was the Doomsday Book?
- How was Christianity brought to medieval England?
- How was Anglo-Saxon Britain ruled?
- What can archaeological artefacts tell us about Anglo-Saxon life?
- Was King Harold killed by an arrow in the eye?
- Can I design and make an Anglo-Saxon brooch?