|Welcome to Year 3
Teacher: Miss Addison
Teaching Assistants: Mrs T. Williams & Mrs V. Thornett
Summer First Half Term Objectives
Year: 3 Date: 20th April 2021
This is intended for parents and pupils to share the learning objectives for the term. It also provides targets for the term ahead.
- Recognise and find half, a quarter & a third of a set of objects or an amount.
- To understand the term denominator and numerator.
- To write fractions using denominators and numerators.
- To compare and find equivalent fractions.
- To order fractions with the same denominator.
- To add and subtract fractions.
- To tell the time with increasing accuracy to the 5 and 1 minute.
- To find and compare the duration of events
- To measure time in seconds
|My Maths target is:
To know 3, 4, 6 and 8 times table.
Text: Egyptian Cinderella Objectives:
- Plan their writing by discussing and recording ideas and rehearsing sentences orally.
- To write using paragraphs, organising the content around a theme.
- To write a first person narrative of a familiar story.
- Proof-read for errors and read their own writing out loud.
- To assess their own and others writing suggesting improvements.
- To increase their familiarity with a wide range of books.
- Use a dictionary to check the meaning of unfamiliar words
- Answer and ask questions to improve the understanding of a text.
- Developsentence structure by using fronted adverbials, subordinate clauses and expanded noun phrases.
- To use commas and apostrophes.
My English target is:
Writing- I can compose and rehearse sentences orally before writing.
Reading- I can draw inference to infer characters thoughts, feelings and motives from their actions and justify using evidence from the text.
Handwriting – to form all letters correctly and continue developing joined handwriting.
|Other useful information for this term:
- Remember your reading book and planner every day.
- Please write in your child’s planner whenever you hear them read, this does not have to be their school reading book, it can be a library book, a book your child enjoys reading, etc. Remember there are example questions to ask them about their book in the planner.
- English Homework is set on a Tuesday and due in Friday. Maths homework is set on Friday and due in on a Tuesday.
- Spellings are given out on Fridays for a test the following Thursday.
- P.E is on Tuesdays this half term, please tie up long hair and take out earrings or provide plasters.
Please remember to bring a drink everyday- either water or squash.