|Welcome to Year 6|
Teacher: Miss Oliver
Autumn 1 Term Objectives
Year: 6 Date: September 2016
This is intended for parents and pupils to share the learning objectives for the term. It also provides targets for the term ahead.
• To read, write, round and order numbers up to
1,000,000 and determine the value of each digit.
• To add/subtract negative numbers.
• To recognise and describe number relationships
including multiples, factors, prime and square..
• To use efficient methods to add and subtract.
• To multiply and divide numbers up to 4 digits by a
2-digit whole number using formal written methods.
• Mean, Median, Mode, Range
• To calculate and interpret the mean as an average.
|My Maths target is:
To multiply and divide any number, including decimals by 10, 100 and 1000.
• To increase my familiarity with legends.
• To understand the audience I am writing for and use
an appropriate style.
• To select grammar and vocabulary to enhance meaning.
• To create atmosphere in narrative writing.
• To build cohesion across paragraphs.
• To proof read my own and others’ writing and suggest
|My English target is:
To express subtle distinctions of meaning by constructing sentences in varied ways.
|Other useful information for this term:
|Music for Y6 is on Tuesdays so please remember to bring your instruments.
Correct PE kit needs to be in school on Thursdays. Please make sure that long hair is tied back and earrings have been removed.
Manor Adventure is week beginning 17th October.
|Life during the Roman Times|
|We will be learning about:
Early communication: How did people communication with each other in the past? How was news communicated in the past? Creating a timeline of forms of communication.
The Roman Invasions: How many attempts did it take for the Romans to invade? How can we use different sources to find out about how and what happened?
Roman Roads: Why did the Romans want to build new roads? Where are the Roman roads located? What is special about the Roman roads?
Roman art: How did they decorate their homes and cities? Where can we find evidence of Roman architecture?
Gods and Goddesses: Who are the Roman Gods and Goddesses and what do they each stand for?
Life today: How is life today affected by the Romans and the way they lived their lives? What is life like in Rome today? What is their legacy?
|Life during the Roman Times Homework
Have a go at as many of these homework activities as you can and bring in whatever you do to share in school:
healthy, march long distances, throw a javelin, swim, be calm in battle and fight
with a sword and shield.
then design your own Roman mosaic.
You need to ask 10 questions with 3 possible answers. Make sure one of three is
the correct answer.
your daily life be like?
Little Bloxwich C of E VC Primary School | Grenfell Road | Walsall | WS3 3DL
Tel: (01922) 684301 | Fax (01922) 683627 | Email: email@example.com
Head Teacher: Ellen Taylor