|Welcome to Year 3|
Teacher: Mrs. Perks
Autumn 1 Term Objectives
Year: 3 Date: September 2018
This is intended for parents and pupils to share the learning objectives for the term. It also provides targets for the term ahead.
• Find 10 or 100 more than a given number
• Find 10 or 100 less than a given number
•Recognise and understand the place value of each digit in a 3-digit number
• Order and compare numbers to 1000
• Identify, represent and estimate numbers using different representations (including a number line and 100 square
• Read and practise writing numbers up to 1000 in numerals and words
• Use place value and number facts to solve problems.
• Add and subtract numbers mentally using efficient methods
• Use formal written methods of column addition
• Solve problems, including missing number
|My Maths target is:
To know by heart multiplication and division facts for 2,3,4,5 and 10 times tables.
• To identify themes in books
• To retell a range of books orally
• To dictionaries to check the meanings of new words
• To infer characters' feelings, thoughts and motives from their actions and justify inferences with evidence
• To begin to summarise main ideas from a paragraph
• To write narratives based on fiction texts and write letters
• To write information texts, instructions and biographies
• To plan by discussing and recording new ideas
• To introduce headings, subheadings and paragraphs
My English target is:
World War Two Inspire Workshop
Our Inspire Workshop this term was based on on our Discovery Quest topic, World War Two.
Our parents, family and friends had lots of fun making gas masks, model spitfire aeroplanes, postcards home form evacuee children and colourful Blitz pictures.
|Other useful information for this term:
• P.E. is on a Wednesday afternoon and correct kit must be in school. Also, please make sure that long hair and earrings have been removed.
• Please bring planners and reading books back to school every day.
• Maths homework due in on Tuesday, English homework due in on Friday.
• Spelling test is on a Friday.
• Swimming every Friday until Christmas– please remember swimming kits.
Discovery Quest Homework
We sketched our volcano shapes in pencil, then created texture with tissue paper. We then painted in warm and cool colours before adding an explosion of paint by dripping it, blowing it and spraying it with a toothbrush.
Little Bloxwich C of E VC Primary School | Grenfell Road | Walsall | WS3 3DL
Tel: (01922) 684301 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Teacher: Ellen Taylor