|Welcome to Year 3|
Teacher: Mrs Dyson
Mrs Humpage, Mrs Wooldridge, Ms Harrison
Mr Walters, Mr Buttery
Autumn 1 Term Objectives
Year: 3 Date: September 2016
This is intended for parents and pupils to share the learning objectives for the term. It also provides targets for the term ahead.
• Recognise the value of the digits in any 3 digit number.
compare and order numbers up to 1000.
mentally and using a formal written method.
|My Maths target is:
To add and subtract numbers with up to 3 digits using column addition and subtraction.
• To identify settings and characters in a story and how
these create moods and feelings.
|My English target is:
To write a story with a familiar setting.
|Other useful information for this 1/2 term:
• Discovery Quest topics – Active Planet.
• Terrific Tuesdays – Bring in any homework for DQ
• Maths homework due in on Tuesday, English homework due in on Friday.
• Spelling test is on Thursday.
• Swimming every Friday – please remember swimming kits.
• PE is on a Monday – please have the correct kit, named, in school.
Little Bloxwich C of E VC Primary School | Grenfell Road | Walsall | WS3 3DL
Tel: (01922) 684301 | Fax (01922) 683627 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Teacher: Ellen Taylor