|Welcome to Year 2|
Teacher: Miss Phillips
We love learning in Year Two and are really excited about our new topics. We will be reading the Enormous Crocodile by Roald Dahl and writing our own stories about the crocodile. We will be practising counting on and back in different sized steps in maths. In Discovery Quest, we are going to learn about famous people including; Queen Victoria, Christopher Columbus and George Stephenson.
Autumn 1 Term Objectives
Year: 2 Date: September 2016
This is intended for parents and pupils to share the learning objectives for the term. It also provides targets for the term ahead.
• Recognise the place value of each digit in a two-digit
different representations, including the number line.
and = signs.
• To solve problems with addition and subtraction.
• Recall and use addition and subtraction facts to 20
fluently, and derive and use related facts up to 100.
• Show that addition of 2 numbers can be done in any
order and subtraction of one number from another
• Recognise and use the inverse relationship between
addition and subtraction to check calculations and
solve number problems.
|My Maths target is:
Count in steps of 2, 3 and 5 from 0, and in 10s from any number, forward and backward.
• Give opinions on what we have read/listened to.
• Predict what might happen in a story and explain ideas.
• Focus on letter formation, sizing and spacing.
• Write stories based on experiences of fictional
• Use different types of sentence: statement,
exclamation, questions, command.
• Use past and present tenses correctly.
• Use conjunctions: when, if, that, because, or, and, but.
• Use capital letters, full-stops, questions marks,
My English target is:Making inferences based on what is said and done in story. Use expanded noun phrases.
|Other useful information for this 1/2 term:
P.E. is on a Thursday morning and Friday afternoon and correct kit must be in school.
On Tuesday 13th September we will be celebrating Roald Dahl Day. Please send your child to school with an empty glass jar.
Little Bloxwich C of E VC Primary School | Grenfell Road | Walsall | WS3 3DL
Tel: (01922) 684301 | Fax (01922) 683627 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Teacher: Ellen Taylor