|Welcome to Year 1|
Teacher: Mrs Allan
Mr Walters, Mr Buttery
Autumn 1 Term Objectives
Year: 1 Date: September 2016
This is intended for parents and pupils to share the learning objectives for the term. It also provides targets for the term ahead.
• Reading, writing, recognising numbers to 30.
• Counting in tens.
• To compare numbers and order them on a number line.
• To know one more and one less than a number.
• To count in 2s, 5s or 10s from 0.
• To know 10 more and 10 less from any number
• To know number pairs with 20 for addition and
• To solve addition and subtraction problems using
• To be able to use a number line and a number square
to work out an answer.
|My Maths target is:
To know 1 more/1 less and 10 more and 10 less than any number.
• To orally rehearse a sentence and write it down with
• To use full stops and capital letters.
• To understand the character, the setting and event
of a book.
• To include adjectives and use ‘and’ in a sentence.
• To plan and write their own story based on a familiar
My English target is:
|Other useful information for this 1/2 term:
• Maths homework given on Friday to hand in on Tuesday.
• Spellings given on Friday and test is on the following Friday.
• Please make sure your child’s reading book is in school at all times.
• Please make sure that PE kits are in school during the week.
|People who inspire us|
In History, we’ll be:
• Exploring the decisions that rulers had to make in the past
• Learning about Christopher Columbus and his adventures. We will plot his journey
on a map and compare his life to modern day explorers.
• Finding out about a famous monarch (Queen Victoria).
• Finding out about important inventors and their inventions (George Stephenson).
• Comparing what life was like at different times in the past
In Music, we’ll be:
• Exploring music by a famous composer
• Creating our own music to tell the story of our famous composer
In Art, we’ll be:
• Exploring portraits of famous people from the past
• Creating a portrait of a friend
• Exploring the work of famous artists
• Painting a scene in the style of a famous artist
In International, we’ll be:
• Exploring the idea of ‘fairness’
• Finding out why some people in the past wanted to make change
Little Bloxwich C of E VC Primary School | Grenfell Road | Walsall | WS3 3DL
Tel: (01922) 684301 | Fax (01922) 683627 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Teacher: Ellen Taylor