|Welcome to Reception|
Teacher: Mrs Smith, Mrs Chanter
Autumn 1 Term Objectives
Year: Reception Date: September 2016
This is intended for parents and pupils to share the learning objectives for the term. It also provides targets for the term ahead.
• Recognise numerals 0-10 or beyond.
• Count objects to 10 and beginning to count beyond 10.
• Select correct numeral to 10.
• Find 1 more and less from a group of objects.
• Recognise 2d shapes.
• Create patterns with shapes, colours and objects.
|My Maths target is:
To use numbers to 10 confidently in a range of different ways.
• Show an interest in books and use them correctly.
• Hears and says initial sounds in words.
• Segment and blend small words.
• Give meaning to marks they write or draw.
• Writes own name.
• Forms sounds correctly.
|My English target is:
To talk in sentences and be able to recognise initial sounds.
|Other useful information for this 1/2 term:
|PE – Monday & Friday – hair tied up, jewellery out and PE kit in school.
We will listen to your child read in school or talk to them about books twice a week. We will make comments in Reading Thingy.
Please help your child with any tasks we send home.
Little Bloxwich C of E VC Primary School | Grenfell Road | Walsall | WS3 3DL
Tel: (01922) 684301 | Fax (01922) 683627 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Teacher: Ellen Taylor