The Governing Body of Little Bloxwich are a volunteer group of people who wish to help the School be a exciting & safe place in which our children learn & our staff can develop their careers. The Governors are parents, members of the local community, local authority officials, Church officials, members of staff & the Head Teacher. There are over 300,000 school governors nationally, all volunteers. Their role has become more important as schools have gained increasing autonomy. The Governing Body complements and enhances school leadership by providing support and challenge.
Vision of the Governing Body
To help guide the school from it's current position of a good school to an outstanding school.
Governing Body Key Responsibilities
- The Governing Body is legally bound to ensure the School is run within it's financial limits & complies with the Education legislation.
- To be a 'critical friend' to school ensuring that it supports & challenges the School's Leadership in equal measure.
- Shaping the opportunities our children have to excel at school, so that their learning experience prepares them well for further learning & provides positive outcomes.
- Being responsible to the parents & carers of our children.
- Providing the Head Teacher with the necessary systems & support to be an effective Manager & Leader.
- Ensuring we maintain our Christian values.
Governors involvement with School
The Governing Body are most effective when fully involved with the School & share in the life of the school. We use the knowledge gained to challenge the school, understand its strengths & weaknesses & contribute to shaping its strategic direction. Examples of involvement are Governing Meetings, Committee meetings, helping out in school, visiting school, Governor training, listening to parents & staff, resolving community issues & more.
Are you interested in knowing more about becoming a member of the Governing Body at Little Bloxwich CE (VC) Primary?
If you have a particular skill, previous experience or keen interest that you think would make you an effective school governor then please contact any member of the Governing Body or the Head Teacher & we will be pleased to discuss any opportunities with you.
Little Bloxwich C of E VC Primary School | Grenfell Road | Walsall | WS3 3DL
Tel: (01922) 684301 | Fax (01922) 683627 | Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Head Teacher: Ellen Taylor